Friday, December 11, 2009

Creative Writing: Why Am I Doing This Again (Theme for English B)


Remind Me Why I’m Doing This

I went home and wrote

I let the page come out of me

I did as I was told

Though it doesn’t seem too good

Mom had me go to the store with her

She had me drive the van

It was the first time I drove in awhile

And it felt great

We got home and I cleaned the van

Wheelbarrows full of junk

From plywood to trash

That was a lot of stuff

I’m now sitting here typing this poem

And wondering why this power cord won’t light

It’s charging but not lighting

Why?

And I’m tired

It’s only six o’clock

Why am I so tired?

Let’s get this done quick

So I can go to bed

My brothers are growling at me and each other

I might growl too if I don’t get some sleep

Mom’s threatening to send them to bed

I’ll gladly go in their place

My eyes feel heavy

I can barley keep them open

Good thing I’m at the table

And not out on the road

Things aren’t as difficult as they might seem

Like driving a van, cleaning my room

Staying awake or getting some sleep

Or typing this poem for English B

0 comments: