Thursday, December 10, 2009

Creative Writing: My Little Piece of Heaven

My Piece of Heaven

I climb through the window

And out on the porch roof

I lay on the shingles

Nice and warm by the sun

I hear the highway below me

But it’s just a whisper

I watch the clouds past

And play charades with them

A hog truck dives past

But I don’t notice the smell

The sunlight shimmers

Off the pond across the street

I close my eyes

Breathing in the warm air

Nothing will bother me

Up here with the clouds

Soon I’ll have to come down

And chase little kids

Mow the yard

And clean up the garage

But I won’t worry about that yet

This time is mine

My Piece of Heaven

2 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

Wanna go back up today?

Sir Talksalot said...

In the snow? I don't think so.

Thanks for offering.