
I love to design things, and I've been working on designing quite a few things lately. Anyway, I'm going to start posting updates on my different designs. Currently I'm working with a group as part of a national competition to create something to solve a problem with energy. We are designing a space heater that is entirely stand alone and is powered solely by solar power. Basically, cold air is sucked into the device, and sinks to the bottom of the heater. Sunlight streams in through the plastic, which the diagram says pexiglass (Yes, I know I spelled it wrong, it's really pLexiglass, I just goofed up). Anyway, the sunlight his the sheet metal which heats up and heats the air around it. The warm air then rises and enters the room. We might use fans the help push the air along. There is also a flap on the inside of the room so that it can be closed in the night time, instead of pulling the warm air out and pushing cold air in. This is still the beginning of the process, but we are to be completed with design, construction, and testing by March 17th, 2011. I'll be creating an Autodesk Inventor assembly of this heater, but since few people own this program, therefore they can't view it if I were to post it on here, we plan on projecting it onto a screen and videoing it and explaining how it all fits together. I'll post it on here as soon as we have it done.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Designing
Posted by Sir Talksalot at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment