I've gotten big into poetry lately and here are a few of them.
They stood ready
Some sat in hole, some in the sky
All ready for attack
On to the island, on through the fight
Some of them died, some of them not
Through sixty days of endless fighting
Then finally, nothing
And makes a big scene
Then starts to weep
It will sit and blubber
And change like rubber
Then sadly - leaves like a lamb
My aunt, my uncle
My brother, My sister
My bus driver, My teacher
My cat, My dog
My colleague, My friend
But crazy thing
They say they wait on me
Onward Through the Night
Beautiful masterpiece of brass and steel
With smoke of black and white
Pistons thrashing, whistles blowing
Onward through the night
Across the bridge so tall and high
Over the river so far and wide
Through the tunnel so deep and dark
Onward through the night
Bells a ringing, brakes a squealing
I see its gleam through the dark
I see its beam of light
Onward through the night
Twisting, turning ‘cross the prairies
Wheels a rolling round
The whistle makes its eerie sound
Phantom of the night
"Mommy, Teacher Ate Me"
One night after school
I went to sleep in my bed
I had a peculiar dream
I walked into class
Sat in my desk
Asked teacher a question
She became a big worm
A worm with sharp teeth
I woke up
Run, Slip, Fall,
Slip, Fall, Cry
Fall, Cry, “MOM”
Cry, “MOM”, “HELP”

3 comments:
We do wait on you.
Very Talented, I love your exploration into your soft, introspective side and the effects that show in your poetry. Keep it up. You are pretty good.
I really liked Onward Through the Night. It was well written. Thank you for sharing. And keep it up, you're quite good.
I remember you waking up crying in my arms and sobbing that Miss Bopp had eaten you. It took me FOREVER to figure out what you were saying. I had to calm you down and reassure you that she wouldn't eat you. She was pretty strict though.
Post a Comment